About me

I was born and raised in Northern (Superior) Wisconsin about 80 miles from the Canadian border; and, yes it gets very cold there! At the young age of 32 I began to feel called into ministry. One night at a church dinner, my wife Judy and I sat at a table next to our district superintendent. In the course of our conversation, he said that he had a small church that needed someone to supply the pulpit until he could appoint a new pastor. My pastor suggested that maybe I could do that. I agreed, and two Sundays later, my wife and I drove to that small rural church. Little did we know that I would fill the pulpit in that church for thirteen years!

I have now been in the ministry for 35 years after also serving churches in Virginia and Maryland. I am currently retired...well, sort of. In my retirement, I am now serving as part-time Pastor of First Evangelical Covenant Church in Superior Wi. I began writing books about seven years ago, and still enjoy speaking and teaching when I can.

I have a deep desire to help people grow in their faith and knowledge of God’s Word. My books are what I call a “Quest for Discipleship”. As I said, I am a published author and I have nineteen books which include my latest called "Tell Me, Show Me, Fill Me, Change Me"; "In It For Life"; “By His Hand”; “Show and Tell”; “The Promised Gift”; “Jars of Clay”; “The Kingdom of God”; “From the Pastor’s Desk”; “More From the Pastor’s Desk”; "T.E.A.M."; "Let Earth Receive Her King"; "Therefore" "Principles from Proverbs"; "God's Top ten"; "Prayer Changes Things", "5 R's of Revelation" and two "Renewed Faith" 90 day devotionals all by Life Ministries Publishing. My wife Judy passed away in 2021and I have since remarried to My wife Crystal.

Thank you for checking out my blog and I hope that you will also check my website at;


😊! E-mail me a question on this link and I will try to answer it here.

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

 “No one can see the Kingdom of God – unless he is born again!”
John 3:3

    From the time I first read this scripture there were two things that stood out to me. Jesus says that “no one can see” the Kingdom and then he says “no one may enter” the Kingdom…unless he is “born again.” Obviously both of these statements are true. Once again to be born again is a prerequisite for both.
    We know that we must be born again according to John 3:3-18 and according to John 14:6 Jesus is “the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” I always like to say “The truth is that Jesus is the only way to life.” So, the only way we can “enter” the Kingdom of God is through believing in Jesus Christ as the only Son of the Father.
    However, to “see” the Kingdom of God is a little more involved. The word “see” really has three dimensions or levels; the first of which is Knowledge - which equals Information. The second is Understanding - which equals Comprehension. The third level is Wisdom - which equals Application.
    Here is how this works in a classroom or study situation; whether it is reading a book – such as the Bible – or hearing a sermon or teaching; everyone will come away with some information or knowledge. Some will come away with under-standing or comprehension of what was read or taught. But only a few; like those who really are seeking, and those who honestly want to know and understand; only a few will actually gain wisdom through application.
    The born again scripture is a perfect example of this. When the gospel is read or preached or taught, some come away with information; some come away with an understanding, but it doesn’t change anything; and a few come away with new life because they accept and apply the Gospel to their lives and are forever changed!
    Let me take this a step further; People who only have knowledge or information are forever “frustrated.” Why? Because frustration equals no understanding of the knowledge they have or how to apply it!
    In Luke 8:9-10 it says “His disciples asked him what this parable meant. He said, “The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, ‘though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.”
    Also in Mark 4:10-12 – “When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. He told them, “The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables so that, ‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!”
    The multitudes did not want understanding; they wanted knowledge that does not cost anything. “In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving. For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Other-wise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.” (Matthew 13:14-15)
    The Parables of the hidden treasure and the Pearl of great value in Matthew 13:44-46 tell us in each case the person sold everything they had in order to gain the treasure and the pearl because the Kingdom of God is “one thing” of great value that contains everything we need.
    As we will find out, Kingdom keys or principles are for understanding and making wise decisions concerning all areas of life. Are you ready to “see” the Bible as never before? Look with “kingdom” eyes!

No comments:

Blog Archive